During my 12 Days Of… 2017 run, I was nominated for The Liebster Award, which took me some time to grasp and digest.
Essentially, in someone else’s eyes – in this case, the lovely Scarlet A. Rhiannon who writes bravely for her blog Branded in Blood – you are worthy of praise, which is where the award comes in.
It operates as a chain mail in a way – I.E if you don’t pass this on in 5 minutes, the spooky ghost will steal your panties – except the interesting aspect here is that you become involved and engaged with the works of others.
SEE THE OFFICIAL LIEBSTER AWARD RULES BELOW but now to my nominations!
1. NaughtyNora – Domestic Discipline & Our Happy Marriage
2. MysticalKitty – Journaling my Surrender
3. Sasha Holden 1
4. Echnelis, Silently Sinful
5. MissAgathaArmstrong – Thoughts of Him
Congratulations, you lovely people!
And now for the Q/A…
1. How long have you been writing and how did you begin?
I have been writing as long as I can remember. If you were to pull out early teacher’s comments from when I was 8, you could see that they wrote that I focused less on school and more on imaginary worlds.
These imaginary worlds turned erotic once I hit my teens, but I do love to get lost in the genres of horror, fantasy and science fiction.
2. What is the thing you love most about D/s and the community?
I love that there is this unspoken element to people all around us. Teachers, students, grocery shoppers, workers, the people at the cafe. It could be anyone.
Beyond that, I love that it ties into psychology, into the subconscious, into the things we don’t talk about at parties. All these complex emotions and feelings we build with another complex soul, it’s beautiful and special.
3. If cream is to coffee what milk is to chocolate, _______ is to you as what is to tea?
Sugar. I don’t know, I don’t like tea.
4. What is your five year plan?
Oh gosh, now we are getting deeper! I guess it would be that old Vulcan proverb – live long and prosper. To not forget my dreams, my drives. And to wake up each day not taking my life and my loves for granted.
5. If you could have any job in the world, money and education no object, what would you choose?
Any job. In the world. Hm.
Probably a screenwriter. Or an author in general. To scare people with my stories. Maybe even be a counsellor on the side!
6. If you could right one “wrong” about the world we live in what would it be?
I would clean out people in politics, especially in Australia. I think there are plenty of middle aged people making old world decisions that are holding back society and the wellbeing of people. I would start by attempting to bring in progressive thinkers, young fresh minds. But what do I know? I’m some pleb!
7. If I asked you to murder one person, no consequences, would you? And if so, who would it be?
Nope. Even if it’s a barbaric and unforgivable person, I would leave that for the system. I have enough nightmares, why add that to my conscience.
8. What ruined your generation?
Something ruined my generation?! I have no idea. There’s good and bad in each generation but RUINED? I wouldn’t use such a term. Peace and love for all!
9. What is your biggest failure?
I’ve made a few short films that are pretty cringe. And there was that one crush of mine in high school that didn’t return my love letter with approval. Other than that, I have no idea. Failure is something I tend to want to learn from so I consider it insightful. I can’t think of anything in my current adult life.
10. What inspires you to blog?
What inspires me to blog? It is a concept. A concept that someone out there, pouring their heart into google, comes across my blog, takes the time to read my rambles and thinks – Hey. I’m not alone. And hopefully their mind lets them calm down a moment.
It’s what brings me back all the time.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS!
1. I’m left handed.
2. I’m currently wearing blue and white striped boxer shorts!
3. My favourite animal is a white tiger.
4. My features are dark hair and eyes, hence the title of my blog.
5. When I was 19 and single, I embarked on a passionate affair with a 26 year old lady.
6. I almost drowned when I was 8.
7. I can never finish one book at a time. I am currently hopping between books.
8. I once edged for six hours straight. No I was not blistered or sore afterwards.
9. I wrote a short film about the anxieties of having sex for the first time. It’s terrible to watch now.
10. I used to run naked through the forest. Now I’m in suburbia, I cant anymore.
11. My nose is itchy.
Questions for my Nominations!
1. What drives you to write your blog?
2. What was the last book you read? Did you like it? Did you not? Why, why not?
3. What are your hopes and dreams for 2018?
4. If you could go back in time and talk to yourself, what would you say?
5. What is the last thing that made you laugh?
6. What do you love about writing?
7. Do you write outside of your blog?
8. What’s a typical day in your life look like?
9. How are you today?
10. Tell me a joke
11. What do you have planned after writing this?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog;
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.);
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you;
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself;
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!);
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer; OR
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
8. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)